Saturday, April 16, 2011

2011 NBA Playoffs: Eastern Conference Preview First Round

The real battle begins.

Today, I put my 2 cents on the First Round of the Eastern Conference. This is going to be an epic one as I am hopeful of an upset or two. I'll give you a my prediction of each match up.


CHICAGO BULLS (1) VS INDIANA PACERS (8)



Regular Season Series: Chicago won 3-1

Chicago will win this one. No upset unfortunately, but neither sweeps. I think the Pacers could steal a game at home where I expect Granger and Hansbrough get one of their out-of-his-mind game.

Chicago in Five


MIAMI HEAT (2) VERSUS PHILADELPHIA 76ERS (7)




Regular Season Series: Miami won 3-0


Philly has been one hell of a team of late. They are well coached, scrappy, and very over-achieving. Qualities to pull of a very scary team in the playoffs.  Sixers bench could expose the Heat's, but the Big Three could just be too strong for the Sixers. I expect a couple of home games for Doug Collins' squad but will eventually bow out of the series.

Miami in Six


BOSTON CELTICS (3) VERSUS NEW YORK KNICKS (6)



Regular Season Series:  Boston won 3-0

This series is going to be the most exciting and tight. Could the C's defense handle the offensive barrage of Melo and STAT? Or could the NYK breaks Boston's defense. I could smell an upset here. Danny Ainge just gave away Boston's defensive anchor in Perkins. I expect one last stand from Boston's own Big Three. This is going to be a battle to the end.

Boston in seven



ORLANDO MAGIC (4) VERSUS ATLANTA HAWKS (5)



Regular Season Series: Atlanta won 3-1

Atlanta may have one the regular season over the Magic, I don't expect them to go farther than 5 games. The ways they are playing right now, they are the most boring them in the East playoffs. Magic wins easy here unless Superman gets another technical or two.

Orlando in five.


Tomorrow I'll give the Part II of this preview featuring the heavy West.

No comments:

Post a Comment