Friday, April 8, 2011

Are You Ready for the PLAYOFFS?

The whole season has been newsworthy asll year long, even before the season begins, but now it has come to this. All teams has at least 3 games left, and both conferences is almost set.  Hold on to your seats folks.



The East is almost done, with the Bulls beating the C's earlier, they are 1 win away to lock the number 1 seed. Led by MVP front runner Derrick Rose, The Bulls surprised everyone with their sudden surge through the top spot. With coach Thibs sick defense, the Bulls sure brought the wind back to the Windy City.



Boston and Miami is still battling the number 2 seed. The Heat Big Three has been up and down all season but enough spurt to land them here at this stage of the regular season. For me, I don't expect them to win the Finals this year the moment LBJ and Bosh decided to come down to South Beach, but sure got me excited.
The Celtics meanwhile though still at the top of their game, but I think age has caught up with them. Adding to that midseason trade of their starting center, the C's has to rely on an old, can't-seem-to-get-healthy Shaq to man the middle. The moment that trade was made, I told myself, Danny Ainge just threw away the season.



And then there's the Magic and Hawks. Well what can I say, they are reeling, as in reeling. The surprise in the East is the Sixers. Man, I love this team play. They are scrappy, gutsy, and just plain hard worker.  Without a legit "star," this team plays like a team. They are my sleeper, they are scary to match up with come playoff time. To sum it up are the Pacers. I like this team too, but they maybe a season or two away to really come up big. They coaching change did them well. 

We go now to the West, 85% of the season I though7, the Spurs are legit to come up with the championship. I mean before Timmy goes down late in the season, they are far away the league best. Their 4 stars played most of the season together and healthy. But injury bug struck them at the least favorable time. Tough still leading, they are now not locked up to win it all.



The 2-time defending champ has gone 15-1 since the All-Star break and just as we thought their getting ready for the playoffs, 3 game losing streak again. Still, if you have a guy named Kobe Bryant in your team, you can relax. Dallas is still battling the Lakers at the 2 spot, but  by the end of it, I think they'll stay at the 3.

Durant and Westbrook have gone a long way for OKC. After their first playoff appearance and grinding it out with the Lakers, now they are battling home court advantage. This young team is getting exciting every year.



After the Melo trade, everyone said, including I, they the Nuggets are going downhill, but wait, the all their acquisitions and getting contributions from all over made them winner of the trade.

It funny how Nate McMillan manages year after year of injury after injury to his team and yet, he still manages to get them in to the playoffs. Watch out for Portland because they can beat anybody here in the west.

I think Chris Paul is not getting the love he deserved. I mean with a rag tag team and a rookie coach, injuries to Meka and D-West, still Paul keeps this team afloat.

And theres Memphis, always dangerous, like the Sixers in the East, this is onbe scrappy ball club, I expect them to give San Antonio a headache if not an upset, but I'm just wishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment