Sunday, February 20, 2011

2011 NBA All-Star Saturday Recap

Okay All-Star Saturday is done. It has been an entertaining and fun Saturday Night for the All-Star, the most entertaining since the glory days of Vince Carter. Blake Griffin did put on a "show." It  was fun. Lets  go through a quick recap of the events.

Haeir Shooting Stars

Seriously, does anyone really care about this game? Atlanta ran away with the crown this year, stealing from the favorite Texas squad. I don't have much to say about this. No interest at it at all. I think the NBA should just evaporate this event. Maybe one year at a time. (They did take out the HORSE competition, which is just about right)

Skills Challenge

I predicted Russell Westbrook to avenge his poor performance from last year, and at first was poised to. He was up against Steph Curry in the final round. Curry finished with 28.2 seconds, and I could have sworn Westbrook to top that, but he blew couple of jumpers and that outlet pass really sealed the deal for Curry. He finished at a disastrous 44.2 ticks. Chris Paul may have had given the crown a laugh with his not so top 10 play as he missed the layup, even he was laughing about it.

3-Point Shootout

First of all, what the hell is Kevin Durant doing in the 3-Point Shootout? 36% from downtown, I would put Chauncey in there rather than him. Maybe here there just for drawing crowds. But with two Celtics in there, the crown is really into it, I mean booing them, and they got their wish. Up against the two Celtics, Ray Allen and Paul Pierce, James Jones of the Miami Heat grabbed the trophy. When your game is just to light up threes all day with 3 superstars around you, you've got to give him props. I will be biased here as I am a Miami Heat fan, but Jones really showed why he deserved it. With poor performances from the rest, Dorell, Wright, Daniel Gibson, and KD, the 3-point shoot out was just okay.



Slam Dunk Contest

We'll this one I got right from my previous predictions. Man, this was a fun dunk contest I have since for a while. Got to give credits to Serge Ibaka, DeMar DeRozan, and JaVale McGee for giving one hell of a show. The first round was I think where skills showed, but I think DeRozan got robbed here. I mean c'mon Blake's dunk attempt wasn't even that great. The finals between McGee and Blake was all showmanship, in an attempt to revitalize the once sucking dunk contest. But Blake flying over a Kia Optima with Beardie Davis passing from the sunroof was one hell of a show with matching choir singing I believe I can fly for added effect.






Overall, it was fun. I mean they are not quality dunks, but sure was entertaining.  Check out the video recap of the dunks. Great game tomorrow guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment